This recipe is so easy, and is an absolute fave around here. With a gooey caramel centre you really can’t go wrong..
- 390g can of Condensed Milk
- 50g Butter
- 2T Golden Syrup
- 175g Butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1t Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- Put the oven at 180 deg celsius/355 deg fahrenheit.
- Grease and line a square 23 x 23cm/9″ x 9″ tin
- Put all the ingredients for the Caramel Filling in a small pot and gently heat on the stove till all the butter is melted and it’s thick and golden
- For the base – cream the butter, vanilla and sugar in a bowl till it’s light and fluffy.
- Stir the flour and oats into the creamed mix, mix until it looks like large crumbs. I often use a wooden spoon to ‘cut’ across it.
- Press 3/4 of the base into the tin, then pour over the caramel filling. Scatter the remaining Oat Base across the top – you don’t press this down, just leave it loose.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, till the top is starting to look slightly golden.
- Cool in the tin for 10-15 minutes, then remove to a wire rack.
- Cut and enjoy! (..but be warned, it’s very crumbly to eat, but we don’t mind that when it tastes as scummy as it does..)