At the end of the week we try to always have Family Movie Night – we are in our PJ’s early, sitting down with dinner and a movie that we all watch together. Tonight we watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang – well, at least the first half (it’s 140 minutes long!) . The kids had a lot of questions when the “Intermission” screen came on the TV. I had plans of serving up an Antipasto style meal of breads and dips, and made a pumpkin dip, which I thought I would share with you. Extremely easy, and very yummy.
Roasted Pumpkin Dip
* 1/4 whole pumpkin (this made a generous medium sized bowl)
* Olive Oil
* Cumin Seeds (using seeds does mean you have some crunchy seeds in the dip, so if you’re not keen on that idea just use ground Cumin instead)
* 1 tsp Brown Sugar
* 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
* salt & pepper
– Oven at 190C – cut the pumpkin into wedges, toss in a bowl with a decent coating of Olive Oil, the Cumin Seeds, and some salt & pepper.
– Lay the pumpkin pieces on a tray and put in the oven to roast. I did mine for 1/2 an hour then checked the softness with a fork, turned them over and did another 10 minutes.
– Cool the pumpkin for a while, it can still be fairly warm just not piping hot.
– Put the pumpkin with all the roasted oils & seasonings in a blender (I scraped the tray here). Blend.
– Add the sugar, balsamic vinegar, , and salt & pepper (to taste). Blend.
– Chill for a bit, then serve with some scrummy homemade Ciabatta – enjoy! x