Reuben is off on a school field trip today to “The Rocky Shore” so in his excitement was up at 6.30am, dressed and singing his little heart out to his mix CD’s – that’s one keen and excited boy! Naturally he wanted to get to school as early as possible (last night he was asking if he could be there at 7.30am), so everyone was packed and leaving by 8.15 this morning. This left me at the kitchen table with my coffee, Simon’s homemade bread with vegemite, a brilliantly sunny day, and the mail which JOY contained Extra Curricular Issue 4. Here are the reasons I love Extra Curricular
* it’s the only mail I receive that has a heart after my name on the address label.
* it comes in a brown paper lunch bag.
* it’s the most beautiful size, lovely to hold, and fits beautifully into a handbag without any fear of bending.
* it’s printed on the most wonderful paper, I love touching it.
* the interviews are printed as interviews not stories, giving you a slice of what the person being interviewed is really actually like, not just the writers impression.
* I spend so much time poring over the photo’s, always gorgeous, always inspiring, and always a lovely snapshot of other artists and crafters creative spaces.
* It’s numbered! I got number 28.
Right, I’m all inspired now, I’m off to sew, have a happy Wednesday x